Mustard Baked Chicken
This dish always gets raving reviews at the dinner table!
8 Chicken Pieces with bone
4 tbs butter, melted
4 tbs Dijon mustard
2 tbs lemon juice
1 tbs brown sugar
1 tsp paprika
3 tbs poppy seeds (sometimes I use sesame seeds)
3 1/2 cups pasta shells
1 tsp olive oil
salt & pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400F
2. Arrange chicken pieces in a single layer in a large ovenproof dish.
3. Mix the butter, lemon juice, mustard, sugar and paprika together in a bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste. Brush this mixture over the top surfaces of the chicken and cook for 15 minutes.
4. Remove the dish from the oven and turn the chicken over. Coat the top surfaces of the chicken with the remaining mustard mixture. Sprinkle with poppy seeds and return to the oven for another 15 minutes.
5. While its cooking, cook pasta shells in boiling water for 8-10 minutes.
6. Drain pasta and transfer to plates. Top the pasta with one or two pieces of chicken. Pour the mustard sauce from the pan over the chicken and serve.
A nice recpe idea you have here. I am always looking for more ideas to keep the kids entertained with and this one might just do the trick so thank you for sharing it.