Serving 16 people
4 lbs. Fresh Shrimp
1 lb. Salt Pork
4 bags of Rice (your choice - not yellow)
Garlic Powder (or minced garlic)
Lemon & Pepper Seasoning Salt
1. Peel 4 lbs. of uncooked shrimp
2. Start cooking rice of your choice - 4 bags of precooked (no yellow rice)
3. Cut up 1 lb of Salt Pork into small tiny pieces the size of match sticks - then cut these in half.
4. Fry Salt Pork on medium to high heat until brown in large 5-6 Qt. cast iron fry pan. (You can use an aluminum pot or any heavy pot if you prefer) Note: Do not drain Salt Pork.
5. Add Shrimp to salt pork and cook until all the shrimp turn pink.
6. Add 2 tablespoons Black Pepper
7. Add 2 teaspoons Garlic powder (or minced garlic)
8. Add 1 teaspoon Paprika
9. Add 2 teaspoons Seasoned Salt
10. Turn off burner.
11. Add 1 teaspoon lemon and pepper seasoned salt.
12. Add rice and stir.
If it tastes too dry, add butter
If it tastes too greasy, add more rice.
The smaller the shrimp the better.
1 bag of rice per pound of shrimp (of course Florida River Shrimp are the best)
You can add more rice or less rice depending on how many you are cooking for.
Add more or less spices depending on how spicy you like it.