Roasted Tomatillo Salsa
- 3-4 medium tomatillos husk removed and rinsed
- 1 serrano or jalapeno chile stem removed
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 6 sprigs fresh cilantro, stems removed, roughly chopped
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- Roast the tomatillos, chile(s) and garlic on a rimmed baking sheet 4 inches below a very hot broiler, until blotchy black and softening, about 5 minutes. Flip them over and roast the other side.
- Cool, then transfer everything to a blender, including any pan juices. Add the cilantro and 1/4 cup water, then blend to a coarse puree.
- Transfer into a serving dish. Rinse the onion under cold water, then shake to remove excess moisture. Stir into the salsa and season with salt, usually 1/2 teaspoon.
Share this Recipe
This recipe is tasty. i tried this many times, it takes 20 minutes. This is very helpful