Pico de Gallo
This simple and fresh pico de gallo recipe is great for putting on tacos, nachos and just about anything.
- 1 1/2 pounds ripe tomatoes cut into 1/4- to 1/2-inch dice (about 3 cups)
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 large white onion finely diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1-2 serrano or jalapeño chilies finely diced (seeds removed for a milder salsa)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon lime juice from 1 lime
- Season tomatoes with 1 teaspoon salt and toss to combine. Transfer to a fine mesh strainer or colander set in a bowl and allow to drain for 20 to 30 minutes. Discard liquid.
- Combine drained tomatoes with onion, chilies, cilantro, and lime juice. Toss to combine and season to taste with salt.
- Store for up to 3 days in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply