- 1/2 medium green cabbage about 2 pounds
- 1/2 medium red cabbage about 2 pounds
- 3 medium carrots peeled and shredded
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coarse ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Quarter the cabbage through the core, and then cut out the core. Cut each quarter crosswise in half and finely shred. Place the shredded cabbage in a very large bowl.
- Add the shredded carrot and parsley to the cabbage and toss to mix.
- In a separate bowl, stir the mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, celery seeds, salt, and pepper together. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Pour two-thirds of the dressing over the cabbage and carrot then mix well.
- If the slaw seems dry, add a little more of the dressing. Let it sit in the refrigerator for about an hour to let the flavors mingle and the cabbage to soften.
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply