Easy 3 Bean Enchiladas
This is a weeknight meal because it’s quick and easy to prepare. You can get creative by using your favorite bean combinations. Serve with additional sour cream and enchilada sauce on the side if you like. These enchiladas are very filling. If you have leftovers these freeze well for a quick snack at a later date.
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed, 15 ounce
- 1 can small white beans drained and rinsed, 15 ounce
- 1 can refried beans 15 ounce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 onion halved and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- cup ¼chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 4 ounce can green chiles
- 1 28 ounce can red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican chili powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 8-10 flour tortillas
- Sliced jalapenos for topping
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic to skillet and saute until tender and translucent, about 2 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all beans, sour cream, cilantro, green chiles, cumin, chile powder, cooled onions, 1 cup shredded cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- Stuff each tortilla with 1-2 tablespoons of bean filling.
- Roll tortillas filled with beans and place in a 9"x13" baking dish.
- Pour enchilada sauce on top of enchiladas. Sprinkle remaining cheese, and extra cilantro for garnish.
- Bake in a 350 oven for about 20 minutes, until cheese is melted and 3 Bean Enchiladas are heated through. Serve with sliced jalapenos on top.
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply