2 14 1/2-ounce cans tomatoes whole, drain, chopped
1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
one (3 1/2 lb.) cabbage
1/4 pound ground Venison
1 onion, chopped
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup long grain rice, cooked
3/4 cup water
1) Combine tomatoes and next 3 ingredients; set aside.
2) Remove and discard any tough outer leaves from cabbage. Carefully pull 2 large leaves from cabbage and set aside.
3) Cut out stem and inner leaves, leaving a 1″ thick shell. Set cabbage shell aside. Discard stem and chop inner leaves, reserving 1 cup. Set aside remaining chopped inner leaves for another use.
4) Combine 1 cup reserved chopped cabbage, ground chuck and next 4 ingredients in a large Dutch oven.
5) Cook over medium-high heat 15 minutes or until cabbage is tender, stirring often. Drain and return meat mixture to pan. Stir in 1 cup tomato mixture and rice. Fill cabbage shell with mixture and cover with reserved leaves, securing with wooden picks.
6) Place in a slow cooker, add remaining tomato mixture and 3/4 cups water.
7) Cover and cook on high for 6 hours. Remove and discard wooden picks.