Home Forums Discussions Chit Chat They’re building a "Golden Corral"….

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    luckylucky

………….about a mile away.

Anybody know anmything about this franchise?
    It’s going up right next to a Texas Roadhouse………

Peggy

They have one here, but I haven’t ever eaten there. A lot of people say it’s good though. I think it’s a steakhouse type restaurant.

nana

…can go either way…most are good, but you can be disappointed at times…just like in most buffet type restaurants. (Yes, most nights there will also be steak as a choice.)

The prices are “right” for almost any budget. You really have to just make a few trips to make your own mind up.

I still like Texas Roadhouse and Logan’s if there is the option of choice, and if not having to feed the whole clan. 😉

luckylucky

Ah, so it’s a buffet-type! All-You-Can-Eat, i guess??

I couldn’t figger why they’d put another steak house so close to the roadhouse………

nana

Yep, like I said, most of the time they will be good…there have been a few times we were disappointed…in mainly one location…when they first were opened…otherwise, in all the different areas that I have tried them in, they were good. Have even been known to give out gift certificates to there at times for family members. It is more of a family-style buffet restaurant. All you can eat…yes.

luckylucky

There’s an Old Country Buffet about a quarter-mile from where this’n will be- it was great when it first opened, but they’ve gone downhill since then— we aren’t in there often, and usually only for Sunday brunch…………
    I’ll sure give this’n a try- I love the format; i don’t over-eat, but i like a bite or two of a lot of different items…….

I really enjoy the buffet. The prices are not so high and the food is good. BH

TxsChef

We’ve had one here for about 10 years. It’s hit and miss most of the time. All you can eat, but still too high. Waitresses are slower than molasses so always order the larger drink. Breakfast on the weekends is usually pretty good, but it all depends on who is running the kitchen. The pot roast is always good and they use real mashed ‘taters, not instant. We avoid it unless DS 2 is having a fresh fruit and veggie attack. They do have a large variety to select from though.
    Hopefully yours will be better than this one. We have been to some out of town and they were dreadful!! Left after a couple of bites.

luckylucky

I’m usually in the local Chinese Buffet for lunch every friday……….It’s seven bucks, but I get that much out of the seafood bar.
    I’m good for a dozen and a half clams on the half-shell, and a dozen pick-n-peel shrimp.
    A cup of their hot-sour soup, a bite or two of some other dish, some fresh melon slices, and I don’t need dinner.

TxsChef

We have some fantastic Chinese buffets here!! 😀

texas girl

We love the Golden Corral in Waco. I have been to some that were not the best but as a whole most of the time it is well worth the trip. In Waco between the hours of 2-4pm eveyday they have buffet for around $5. All you can eat.. :yummy: :yummy:

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.