Home Forums Forum Recipes Poultry Recipes Smoked Beef Or Chicken Enchiladas

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    TxsChef

Smoked Beef Or Chicken Enchiladas

Ingredients:

* 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
    * 2 medium onions, chopped
    * 1 garlic clove, minced
    * 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    * 1 cup chicken broth
    * 1 cup milk
    * 2 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chilies
    * 1/4 teaspoon salt
    * 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
    * 8-9 flour or corn tortillas
    * 2 1/2 cups smoked, shredded beef chuck roast or shredded chicken
    * 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
    * 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
    * 2 green onions with tops, thinly sliced (optional)
    * Sour cream
    * Salsa

1. Prepare your meat however you would like. I baked three chicken breasts, with a small amount of enchilada sauce, in the oven for about an hour on 400 degrees F. Remove from oven, shred into a bowl and set aside. (You can be creative here, use whatever meat you want and cook it how you like).
    2. In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic until onion is tender. Mix the flour in the broth, stir into pan. Stir in milk, chilies, salt and cumin. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
    3. Grease a 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Spoon a little sauce in the center of each tortilla; spread to the edges. Place meat down the center of each tortilla. Combine cheeses; sprinkle on top of meat. Roll up tortillas and place in baking dish, seam-side down.
    4. Pour remaining sauce and some enchilada sauce over tortillas, if you like a wet enchilada use more sauce. Sprinkle with green onions and remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 20-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Serve with sour cream and salsa.

Peggy

:yummy: Another good un, thanks!

TxsChef

Yer welcome!! Any recipe using meat can be altered to use smoked meat!! Or smoke ‘taters for ‘Tater Salad!! OOoooooooooooooooooooooooh-eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Peggy

Never thought of smoking taters! That does sound like it would make good tater salad!

TxsChef

I love smoked ‘taters!! Just ‘taters, butter and salt and pepper and wrap in foil and cook ’til tender!! Makes me knees weak thinking about it!!

Peggy

😆 Dang, I really need to take a trip to your house, SOON!!

TxsChef

I had Lucky’s Chops tonight and smoked new ‘taters and green beans!! C’mon down!!

Peggy

Very soon, yep, I got to taste your cooking! 8)

TxsChef

I guess I better get the smoker fired up big time!! 8)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.