This weekend it finally feels like fall has set in. A cool breeze in the air. I thought this pumpkin apple bisque would go nicely for a light Sunday meal.
3 Stalks celery, chopped
3 Shallots, Sliced
3 Granny Smith Apples, Peeled, Cored and Sliced
16oz. Apple Juice
36oz. Pumpkin Puree
6oz. Maple Syrup
4oz. Brown Sugar
6oz. Apple Jack Brandy
12oz. Heavy Cream
1) Sautee Shallots, Celery and Sliced Apples
2) Add Apple Juice and bring to a boil
3) Add Pumpkin, Milk, Maple Syrup, Brown Sugar, Cinnamon, Allspice and Nutmeg
4) Stir frequently and bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes.
5) Puree Bisque with hand blender
6) Finish with Apple Jack Brandy, Heavy Cream and Honey