This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by lucky lucky 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

:nana: hey guys, just wanted to say hello, and to set up a challenge. I have a Dell computer with 2 gig of memory and 2 terrabytes of hard drive space. that I have set forth on a mission to try and choke it full of recipes. so far I have 350,000 and I could use a little help . I love collecting and sharing recipes. I use living cookbook 11 and mastercook to import and export my cookbooks. some of them are very large unfortunately mastercook will only allow you to put 12,000 recipes per book and it does not look for duplicate recipes so if you want some be warned. so, who’s up for the challenge ? can we choke this computer ? or not :hammer:

Welcome!

Please share some of your recipes with us. 🙂

ok here’s one thats really good from a yahoo groups friend Beth Layman a very talented lady she sent it to me and I tried it found it delicious and ate the whole pot. now it’s your turn:

After-Thanksgiving Turkey Soup Recipe

16 Servings
    Prep: 15 min.
    Cook: 2-1/2 hours + cooling

Ingredients

1 leftover turkey carcass (from a 12- to 14-pound turkey)
    3 medium onions, chopped
    2 large carrots, diced
    2 celery ribs, diced
    1 cup butter, cubed
    1 cup all-purpose flour
    2 cups half-and-half cream
    1 cup uncooked long grain rice
    2 teaspoons salt
    1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
    3/4 teaspoon pepper

Directions

Place turkey carcass in a soup kettle or Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Remove carcass; cool. Set aside 3 qt. broth. Remove turkey from bones and cut into bite-size pieces; set aside.
    In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, saute the onions, carrots and celery in butter until tender. Reduce heat; stir in flour until blended. Gradually add 1 qt. of reserved broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
    Add cream, rice, salt, bouillon, pepper, remaining broth and reserved turkey. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 16 servings (about 4 quarts).

Originally published as After-Thanksgiving Turkey Soup in Taste of Home’s Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p140

Beth Layman 🙂

lucky
    lucky

THX, Beth…….
    But you might want to move this to the proper thread………

nobody’s gonna look here for recipes :wave:

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.