Home Forums Fun & Games Fun Games Never Ending Cooking Story

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 184 total)
  • Author
    Peggy

Never Ending Cooking Story

I was in the kitchen cooking up some breakfast. The phone rang, and it was my sister. Well, she and I got to talking and I forgot all about what I was doing. We talked on for quite a while, and she tells me, I have to go, I need to go cook breakfast. I said OH NO! That’s what I was doing! I run into the kitchen, and….

Georgieanna
    Participant

There’s smoke that I should have smelled a mile away! Whatever was I thinking? I should have used my cordless phone! The bacon is black! The eggs have been in the measuring cup for so long that I don’t know if they’re still even good. Oh, look at the grits, hard as a rock. I’m gonna have to take the kids to McDonald’s to eat if I plan on getting them to school on time. I rush to get out the door and the phone rings……

generall
    Participant

peggy wrote: I run into the kitchen, and….

like the little pot in the nursery rhyme, the oatmeal was bubbling off the stove and onto the floor. Not knowing if I should grab a broom or a mop, I called the dog. He’s like “Mikey” he’ll eat anything. But the oozey porridge was so hot that after one taste, he ran yelping to the next room.Running to turn off the stove, I slipped, woosh.. sliding all the way to…

Peggy

Well, y’all gonna have to figure out what to do this one! Georgie and G, it’s up to you two to figure where the story goes from here, because y’all both posted! :stress:

generall
    Participant

sorry, My fault, Georgie posted first so lets go with hers.
    I’m thinking, Georgie

generall
    Participant
    Georgieanna wrote:
    There’s smoke that I should have smelled a mile away! Whatever was I thinking? I should have used my cordless phone! The bacon is black! The eggs have been in the measuring cup for so long that I don’t know if they’re still even good. Oh, look at the grits, hard as a rock. I’m gonna have to take the kids to McDonald’s to eat if I plan on getting them to school on time. I rush to get out the door and the phone rings……[/quote

Good morning,the voice on the line oozes, Will you take a quick survey?
    Yeah, I replied,, and then I have one for you! Can you A: clean up this mess? B” recook my breakfast? C: get the kids to school on time? D:Get Mac D’s to deliver? E: Jump off the nearest cliff? and F: All of the above? the line goes dead and I turn to A: clean up the kitchen B: sell the kids! C: drink the cooking sherry D:Put everyone on a diet or fast E: jump off the nearest cliff and F : all of the above. I call “G” {she has a dog who eats everything} and yell help, into the phone, but she has just slipped on her boiled- over- oat meal and says…

Georgieanna
    Participant

look, girl I have troubles of my own over here. You wanna change places? I’ll be happy to. I’ve got to have the house spotless by 5 tonight and a supper on the table fit for a king because my dumb husband invited the boss over for dinner along with his boring, alcoholic wife. And you think you have troubles? Ha ha ha ha! So, all disheartened I hang up the phone and decide I’d better get the kids some breakfast. We head out the door and my neighbor……

generall
    Participant

ladened with arms full of shopping bags, slips on something {looks a lot like oatmeal} and calls to me …

Peggy

Yoo hoo! How are you? Shelia, (have to name this woman!) groans to herself. For Pamela is the nosiest neighbor of the whole block. She is going to take forever to get rid of, and she thinks to herself. OH, I know what I can do, I can…

Georgieanna
    Participant

Hi there, Pam, I’d like to stop and talk but things are really topsy turvy today. I’m bringing the kids to McD’s for breakfast now and then school. Let me talk to you later, if you don’t mind. Pam waved Shelia off and they all got in the car and went on their way to McD’s………

generall, I didn’t see that we posted at the same time, if you want to go with your idea it’s fine with me. I’m just winging it! 😀

generall
    Participant

me too. yours is just fine 🙂

so.. Sheila peeled out of her driveway leaving a surprised Pam sprawling in the mush and after dropping the kids at school, stopped at the market for tonights dinner with the boss. She had just began her shopping when she saw the bosses wife go around the corner. I can’t bear to have her see me right now, she thought, because looking at herself in a store mirror, she realized she was only clad in…

Georgieanna
    Participant

in shorts and an old raggedy blouse and flip flops while she looked like she just stepped out the beauty salon. I’ll go to the plant store and see how the cut flowers are to put on the table and maybe I won’t run into her. Shelia walked into the flower shop and looks around at the plants and cut flowers picking up some beautiful daffodils in a lovely lavender shade and paid for them and headed out the shop.

generall
    Participant

when she arrived home, she was relieved to see the neighbor was no longer out side, but underneath the gathering birds, she could still see the outline of where she had slipped in the porridge. I should see if she’s okay, she thought but no time, I still have to clean up the mess in the kitchen, air the smoke from the house and look in the freezer for something to thaw for dinner. In her rush to avoid the wife of the boss, she had left with no groceries, only the flowers. Well . at least I’ll have a nice center piece she thought as the door bell rang. Surprise! said her aunt Effie, uncle Harry, cousins Lyle and Ella. We was gonna call before we hit town, but…

Peggy

Y’all didn’t exactly post at the same time Georgie, you just both went with the an answer to the same part of the story!

Oh my GOD, Shelia yelped! After a second or two of a very HARD stare from her aunt Effie, Shelia catches herself, and says, it is so GREAT to see you, bringing a suspicious smile from her aunt. Sheila is wildly thinking to herself, this could NOT have happened at a worse time. I should have known when I totally ruined breakfast this morning it was going to be one of those days. Now what can I possibly fix all these people for dinner? Everything is frozen! She turns to the group, and says, Oh, I’m so sorry to just leave everyone in the doorway like this, come on in and I will….

generall
    Participant

kill myself and you all! she thought, instead she said, I will fix you some refreshment.{ what she could only guess.}Let me take your jackets, she offered, and was dismayed to see the suitcases on the step…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 184 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.