a Little butter or margarine
2 solid tomatoes
1 yellow onion
1/4 c. (maybe a little more) sliced
3 pkgs. Stouffers frozen spinach souffle, defrosted
Leftover meat: sliced, diced or ground or whatever
1. Butter the pie plate or casserole.
2. Slice the tomatoes as thin as you can, then line the dish with the thin slices of tomato.
3. Slice the onion as thin as you can. Cover the tomato slices with the onion rings.
4. Now you’ve lined the plate with tomatoes covered by onions. Cover the onions with the Swiss cheese.
(What you’re doing is making a tomato, onion, cheese crust)
5. Take whatever left-over meat you have turkey, beef, etc.
Place a layer of that over the tomato, onion, cheese. Add whatever condiment fits.
If you’re using turkey, you might want to dab on some cranberry sauce. For beef, a horseradish based sauce or hot and spicy mustard, just a little.
6. Finally, top the tomato, onion, cheese leftovers, with the spinach you’ve defrosted.
7. Bake about 50 minutes at 425 degrees, or until the top is slightly browned.
With a salad, this feeds the two of us.