Home Forums Introductions Member’s Introduce yourself here! HI, Y’ALL..GLAD TO BE HERE!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by lucky lucky 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

cgscafe
    Participant

BEEN A SHORT TIME MEMBER OF CHEF TOM SO DECIDED TO JOIN THIS GROUP AFTER LOOKING OVER A FEW BOARDS ON HERE. SEEMS LIKE A GREAT PLACE TO BE. I LOVE TO COOK AND HAVE BEEN COOKING SINCE I WAS SIX YRS OLD. BACK THEN BOTH PARENTS RAN A FAMILY BUSINESS SO THEY WORKED A LOT OF NIGHTS WELL AFTER SUPPER. NOT HAVING THE ‘NEW’ INVENTIONS WE NOW USE EVERYDAY, MAMA WOULD COOK AND WE DID A LOT OF REHEATING….SO WHEN SHE COOKED I WOULD HELP OUT AND BEGAN TO LEARN HOW TO DO A BIT AT A TIME MAKING IT EASIER ON MAMA AS WELL AS FILLING OUR BELLIES AT THE SAME TIME. I AM YOUNGEST OF 4 CHILDREN BUT I WAS THE ONE WHO DID A BIT OF THE COOKING.
    I HAVE ONE SISTER 3 YRS OLDER; TWO OLDER BROTHERS; ONE PASSED IN 1989 AND OLDEST BROTHER WHO IS MY VERY BEST FRIEND IS 9 YEARS OLDER. HE TOOK ME EVERYWHERE WITH HIM WHEN WE WERE YOUNGER (GUESS THAT’S WHY WE’RE SO CLOSE). HE’S A GREAT COOK AS WELL BUT BACK THEN HE WORKED AFTER SCHOOL JOB SO WHY I BEGAN COOKING.
    HOPEFULLY OVER TIME WE’LL SHARE MANY RECIPE IDEAS.
    I LOVE A LOT OF WHAT PEOPLE CONSIDER HEIRLOOM RECIPES, OF COURSE NEW ONES ARE GREAT AS WELL. I COOK ALL TYPES OF FOOD, DIFFERENT CUISINES BUT MY MOST FAVORITE ARE THOSE IN THE SOUTHERN DISHES FLAIR. HAVE TO ADMIT FOLKS IN THE SOUTH PARTICULARLY KNOW HOW TO ADD THAT JUST RIGHT TASTE TO ALL THEIR FOOD…LIKE MANY CHEFS ALL ACROSS THE WORLD, AM FIRM BELIEVER IN FLAVORFUL FOOD; I SEASON MY FOOD THRU HERBS AND YES OF COURSE…BUTTER–BACON—FAT WHETHER THRU HAM HOCKS, FATBACK,ETC..
    THESE ARTICLES ARE A MAINSTAY FOR US IN THE SOUTH…FAT IS WHERE THE REAL TASTE IS!! 😀 😀
    I ALSO DEHYDRATE FOODS; PRESERVE(CANNING), LOVE TO BAKE BREADS; ANYTHING I WILL TRY AND TWEEK TO MY LIKING SO PLEASE… SEND ME YOUR GREAT TRIED AND TESTED RECIPES AND I WILL GUARANTEE TO GIVE THEM A TRY AND LET YOU KNOW WHAT I THINK AND IF I MADE CHANGES FOR MY OWN PREFERENCES, I WILL LET YOU KNOW!!!! NOW, LET’S GET TO COOKING, SHALL WE!!!
    I ALSO COOK & FREEZE MEALS, ETC…ANY IDEAS ON WEEKLY FREEZING OF MEALS YOU LIKE??? I DON’T COOK FOR TOO MANY ANYMORE BUT I NORMALLY COOK FOR AT LEAST 4. ON FREEZER DAYS I GO BIG..PREPARE AHEAD AND FREEZE FOR LATER.
    I ALSO COOK FOR VERY LARGE GROUPS SO THOSE CROWD PLEASING RECIPES WILL ALL COME IN HANDY.
    I AM GOING TO ATTEMPT THIS SUMMER WHEN FRUITS ARE IN BIG SUPPLY TO CAN/FREEZE FRUIT SO IF YOU HAVE JAM, JELLY, PICKLES RELISHES (CHOW-CHOW)- ANYTHING EVEN MEAT CANNING RECIPES; I WOULD LOVE TO GET THEM AS WELL.

THANKS FOR HAVING ME EVERYONE!! 🙂

lucky
    lucky

Welcome ! :wave:

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.