2 tsp ground mustard (not mustard powder)
2 tsp granulated garlic
2 tsp kosher or sea salt
1 tsp finely ground black pepper
1 porterhouse steak, about 2 inches thick
(about 2 3/4 lbs.)
1. Combine the four spices. coat both sides of the meat with the mixture
and let the meat stand at room temp. for about an hour.
2. Pre-heat oven to 375. lightly film the bottom of an oven-proof skillet
with the oil, wiping out the excess with a paper towel. heat the pan over
high heat until the oil is very hot but not yet smoking.
3. Using long tongs, carefully place the steak in the pan and sear it until
a crust forms; 3 minutes on the first side, then 2 minutes on the other.
4. Place the skillet in the oven to finish;
8-10 minutes for rare
10 to 12 minuets for medium rare
12 to 15 minutes for medium
5. Transfer meat to a cutting board and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
6. Cut the meat away from the bone. carve into thick slices and portion out