Home Forums Announcements Welcome To Our Recipe And Cooking Forum boot kickn’ tortilla casserole/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    lvraven

I was checking out this recipe and have a couple of questions—what is El Pato sauce and what is marble cheese. I guess I have led a sheltered life, as I don’t know what these items are. 😕

generall
    Participant

@lvraven wrote:

I was checking out this recipe and have a couple of questions—what is El Pato sauce and what is marble cheese. I guess I have led a sheltered life, as I don’t know what these items are. 😕

El Pato sauce
    I think it’s a brand of enchilada sauce or red chile tomato sauce.

Not really sure about marble cheese, but I’m sure one of our great cooks will help.
    🙂
    “G”

lvraven

Thanks. That makes sense. I can easily find the equal of the sauce. The recipe sounds good, but I want to make sure I can find the correct ingredients before tackling the job. 😆

generall
    Participant

Ahh.
    If you’re wanting a recipe to make it or copy from scratch, Lucky or Old Coot would be your man. 🙂
    You can post under Recipe Request.

luckylucky

My guess is that it’s a typo- should be “El Paso” sauce

I think “marble cheese” refers to that pressed blend of white and orange cheddars…………..

could be wrong, tho’
    🙄

generall
    Participant

I googled it and it is actually a brand name for various hot chile and tomato sauces.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.