Home Forums Discussions Favorite Or Not So Favorite Restaurants Applebees, Bad Everything

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Georgieanna 12 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Norm

While passing through South Hill, Virginia my cousin and I, despite my better judgement stoped at Applebees, this proved to be the worst dinning experince of my life, and I have had some bad ones. We arrived about 5:30 PM and was seated, it was 15 mins before the server came to our table. We both order Riblets and Shrimp with two soft drinks and water. 15 mins later we recieved the water, it took 45 mins for the meal to get to the table, no drinks or bread. We reminded the server and she assured us they would be out right away. On my plate I had a small serving of shrimp and two dried up objects about two inches long with a drop of BBQ sauce I assumed were suppose to be Riblets, no meat on them at all. My cousin’s riblets were a little bigger but the were undercooked, well I started to eat my shrimp and still no drinks or bread, the girl came by again and we complained to her about the food and we still had not recieved the bread and drinks and she just said it was on its way. Well long story short we never recieved bread or drinks,we only got good service when the meal was over and they want our table, the check was right on time. The manager came over and asked how the meal was and was told how bad everything was, he offered no appoligies or try to make things right only lame excuses. The only reason I stayed for the meal I wanted to see how bad it would get, also my cousin was paying, he has lodged a complaint with their corporate office. It is a shame to waste 2 hours and 30 dollars and still leave a resturant hungry!

Peggy

Wow Norm! I would have been furious! 🙁 That is no way to be treated by anyone! I can’t believe the people who are serving now days. They are so lazy, and don’t care! I know they work for under minimum wage plus tips, BUT if their service was better (and the food also) they should well earn enough in tips to make a good living. I know I used to be a waitress a long time ago. I did pretty decent in tips. 😉

lucky
    lucky

………terrible, terrible!

i try to stay away from franchise restaurants; if you’ve got a good one, say, an outback, right down the street, you are almost guaranteed to enter a bad one, say, in niagra falls (using the outback theme).

now applebee’s ain’t so great in my town, either; we go there sometimes, tho’, when my niece is waitressing, ’cause we are WELL taken care of (.and then, so is she !) 😉

going back to creole’ cafe tomorrow, to try for the ostrich again– wasn’t available last time.
    😳

nana

If & when I “have to” go to Applebee’s I now only order the french onion soup & maybe the steamed veggies. It is very hard to screw those up.

I have had several “bad” meals in 3 to 4 Applebee’s …something different each time…so like I said…only soup & maybe veggies for me there. I try to avoid Applebee’s if at all possible.

Norm

Yea, Peggy we both were pretty mad when we left that place and the girl did not get a tip, I know the way the food was cooked wasn’t her fault, if she had not lied to us and aleast did her job she would have been tipped well. I have been to resturants where the food was lousy, but the server did a great job, and I left a proper tip. I agree with Lucky I try to stay away from the franchises to, have never eaten at any two where the food was the same. But I have never been anywhere where everything was bad, not one good thing. I spoke with my cousin this afternoon and he said Applebees has all ready contacted him and they are sending him some vouchers to make up for it, only problem is they are for Applebees, but there is one in a town near here that not bad so maybe he can recoup something out of this. Nana has the best advice though, STAY AWAY FROM APPLEBEES!

vprinn1955

I have not been to applebees myself ,but some friends in my town have. They were treated very well. This is in Lebanon Missouri.

Chris in NM
    Participant

A few weeks ago I called our local Applebees and ordered dinner for hubby and I to take home. I told them what car I had and I would be out in the parking lot in the alloted time frame. After 30 minutes, 2 different people had come out, had no idea about my order and never brought food out! I left and went somewhere else for burgers to take home. What a letdown!

Well, yesterday was hubby’s birthday and he wanted Applebee’s to take home. I called our order in, then we went there, parked and then received our order. The food was what we ordered, but it was very bad. needless to say, we will stay away from there here on out!

Peggy

Looks like you had about the same experience everyone else did!

We went to Applebee’s here in Baton Rouge Louisiana about a little while back. The waitress left a lot to be desired. It was a friend of mine’s birthday, and he never recieved his bread, and when we told the waitress, she just said okay, and walked away, didn’t come back until she presented us with the bill! 😯

Georgieanna
    Participant

I lived near an Applebee’s when I lived in my condo. I’d order from there every once in a while. Like nana I’d order the onion soup (to die for) and usually shrimp or whatever, I’ve forgotten it’s been so long, but I had no problem with the food or the service. Of course I’d just walk over and pick it up and carry it home where I could eat at my own leisure.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.