,.. I have some Ideas here...
Lucky?.. Whatcha tink about it??
Creole Squirrel Pie
1 1/2 lb Squirrel, or other small game - (to 2 lbs)
2 tbl Minced onion
1 x Green pepper minced
1 x Celery rib minced
4 tbl Butter
4 tbl Flour
1/2 cup Chopped onion
1 tbl Minced parsley
Pastry for 2-crust deep-dish pie unbaked
* Boil meat in water to cover, with minced onion, green pepper, and celery, until tender. Remove meat, bone, and chop. Strain broth. Melt butter, stir in flour to make roux, and add chopped onion and parsley. Add Meat and pour in strained broth; cook, stirring, until smooth. Cook over low heat for about 20 minutes. Turn into pastry-lined, deep 6-cup pie pan, top with pastry, and bake until crust is done.
* This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
Southern Squirrel Casserole
2 x Squirrels cut serving pieces
1/4 cup Rice
1 x Green bell pepper minced
1 sm Onion minced
1/2 cup Chopped celery
1 cup Diced tart apple
Boiling water as needed
* Roll pieces of meat in seasoned flour and put into a well-greased, large shallow casserole. Sprinkle on the rice, green pepper, onion, celery, and apple. Barely cover with boiling water. Cover the dish tightly with a double thickness of foil and bake at 300 degrees for about 1 hour, or until tender.
* This recipe yields 4 servings.
Crunchy Baked Squirrel
2 x dressed squirrels cut serving pieces
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 cup crushed cornflake crumbs
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp freshly-ground black pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp paprika
Butter as needed
* Soak the squirrel in milk for 30 minutes.
* Put cornflake crumbs, salt, garlic powder and pepper in a bag. Shake squirrel pieces one at a time to coat, then remove and place in a shallow baking dish. Don't crowd the pieces in the pan.
* Sprinkle with paprika and dot with butter. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until tender.
* This recipe yields 2 to 4 servings.
"The secret of success is to eat what you like, and let the food fight it out inside of you." -Mark Twain
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day."
Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize: Oh my God.... I could be eating a slow learner. ~Lynda Montgomery
He who eats alone chokes alone.