Author: Chef Tom
Recipe type: Main Dish
Serves: 12 sliders
- 2 pounds ground beef (80/20 blend)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for brushing the grill
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme leaves
- 3 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 small slider buns
- 12 slices cheese
- 4 ounces baby arugula
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced in ⅛-inch-thick rounds
- 2 small red onions, sliced in ⅛-inch-thick rounds
- Ketchup, for serving
- Preheat your grill.
- Place the ground beef in a large bowl and add the mustard, olive oil, thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix gently with a fork to combine, taking care not to compress the ingredients. Shape the meat into 12 (2-inch) patties of equal size and thickness.
- When the grill is medium-hot, brush the grill grate with oil to keep the sliders from sticking. Place the sliders on the grill and cook for 4 minutes. Turn the sliders over with a spatula and cook for another 4 minutes, until medium-rare, or cook longer if you prefer the sliders more well done. For the last 2 minutes of cooking time, place cheese on the top of each burger and close the grill lid. Remove the sliders to a platter and cover with foil.
- Slice the buns in half crosswise and toast the halves cut side down on the grill.
- Divide the baby arugula among the 12 bottom buns, top each with a slider, and finish with a slice of tomato and red onion. Cover with the top of the bun and serve hot with ketchup.