Tigressa’s Chicken Teriyaki Kabobs
So last week I discovered this great site for sharing recipes. I would describe GroupRecipes.com as a myspace for recipes. It has this cool feature where you can setup your food preferences and it will suggest friends and recipes based on your similar tastes in food. Right away I told my friend Lorie since we often share recipes online. One of the first recipes she shared on the website were these Chicken Teriyaki Kabobs. So Friday night I made this recipe for my family and it was a huge hit! Great flavor and easy to prepare. Visit Tigressa’s Group Recipes Page for more of her creations.
Kabobs are always fun! This recipe is really simple and always comes out on point. The broiler works as a great substitute to a hibachi grill.
1 lb. chicken breats
1 capsicum red pepper
1 medium yellow onion
1 green bell pepper
1-1 1/2 cup of Kikoman teriyaki sauce
1 cup sushi rice
1. Cut chicken breasts into 1″x1″ pieces.
2. Pour about 1/4 cup of teriyaki sauce into bowl.
3. Add chicken chunks and coat well.
4. Marinate for about 30 mins.
5. While chicken is marinating, cut vegitables into 1″x1″ pieces and set aside.
6. Preheat broiler and cover broiler pan with foil (the teriyaki sauce is hard to get off)
7. When chicken is done, skewer chicken and vegetables alternating them- I prefer metal skewers, but the wood ones work well too.
8. Baste skewers with about half of remaining sauce
9. Broil for 10 mins.
10. Remove from broiler.
11. Turn over and baste with remaining sauce.
12. Broil for 10 mins more.
13. Remove meat & veggies from skewers and serve over a bed of sushi rice.